Sunday, September 9, 2012

Luck

Throughout my life I have always been pretty lucky. But I have to say, I really lucked out with my parents. They are the most awesome and supportive people and I love calling them mine, with the acceptation of my brother whom I share them with. I have been blessed to have them with me and behind me 100%. Semester at Sea is an awesome thing, but it involved money and lots of it and my parents have been gracious to help me out. There is a set price that you see up front that you first have to decide if you want to sail but then once you say "yes" there are fees hiding around every corner that they don't tell you about until you are too deep in.
*Application fee (to be expected)
* Deposit fee (also expected)
*Internet fees on the boat (bummer)
*Three visa fees (extra large bummer)
*Excursion fees (now you have to really decide what you want to see)
* plane ride back (yes they just drop you off in a different country... i'm not complaining)
*possible laundry fee (still unsure)
*buying books (lots of them)
* and more to be expected
It seems like a lot, and it is but once you think about everything that you will be experiencing, it all becomes worth it. I am so excited for my trip but I couldn't do it without my parents.








No comments:

Post a Comment