Friday, September 14, 2012

Study Abroad

Study Abroad trips require lots of paper work and organization. More than I ever imagined. so to keep myself organized I got myself a pendaflex. I would rather be over organized and nerdy than under prepared and not be able to go on the trip.


At first, one just sees the application for the program itself, but really there is more applications for the school you belong to. These are mandatory forms that will most likely be tosses at an applicant. Be prepared! 

*Semester at Sea application
*visa applications (4)
*SAS medical history form
*SAS shots requirements
*Two separate Transcripts
*UNCW abroad application
*UNCW class transfer papers 
*UNCW health info treatment form
*UNCW participant agreement
*UNCW housing release forms 
Possibly more that I may have forgotten. It sounds like a lot, and it is, but by completing the forms as they are given to you makes it so much less stressful and a more enjoyable experience. Also making sure your passport is ready way in advance is really important. Then in my case I also had to change my license because the addresses need to match to be able to travel. 

My pendaflex has these tabs :

1. prescriptions needed 
2. all receipts                     
3. Travel Health info                         8. Visa ready to send in
4. Mandatory forms                           9. Forms need to finish
5. unfinished forms UNCW              10. SAS info
6. Visa: need to finish                        11. UNCW check list
7. Visa info                                        12. SAS admissions Application
                                                           13. license and transcript info 





No comments:

Post a Comment