Friday, January 11, 2013

Day one


Seeing the boat for the first time was amazing, but being able to step on it for the first time was mind blowing. Everyone around is so friendly and wanting to meet you. The January 9th was my first day and it was jammed packed. Checking in, roaming around the ship trying to find everything, locating my cabin, and much more. Most everyone was on deck as we pulled away from Mexico to set sail for the first time. The ship rocks like crazy! More than I thought – good thing I do not get seasick! (Knock on wood). One of the coolest things that happened today was meeting Archbishop Desmond Tutu. I went up to him and introduced myself and eventually said. “I have been dying to meet you” and he responded, “You are now resurrected.” He is about my height and very gentle and has a sense of humor. We are asked to call him Father when talking to him and he loves to give “high fives.” Day one was definitely a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats awesome!! Im so glad youre enjoying the trip so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be sea sick by now! oceans of love - mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete