Thursday, January 31, 2013

The storm before Japan


One would think that since we are so close to our destination… JAPAN, that it would be a smooth ride. WRONG! It was the biggest storm we have hit yet. They canceled the later classes because of the rockiness. At dinner chairs were flipping over and sliding across the floor even though there were people sitting in them! Everyone was taking videos and dodging furniture. I went down to my cabin to check things out and our dresser came unattached from the wall and fell over with our stuff everywhere! In the bathroom my roommates shampoo bottle exploded all over the shower (this made an extremely slippery shower for us in the morning). This storm was insane; the waves were hitting the windows of the 6th Deck! And deck 5 doors were leaking badly. They locked all the doors so no one could outside and it was the first time I was taken to the ground. The pressure the waves put on your body were so strong it felt like there were weights on your shoulders but when the boat went up you could practically fly. I was caught in the middle of these two pressures and they took me down the stairs face first. Don’t worry it didn’t hurt at all and some say I went down pretty gracefully. When I hit the floor it was the funniest thing ever and it took some other kids down to their knees with laughter. Lets just say that last night was so much fun and such an experience. Thank God I didn’t feel sick!
            In other news I and now in Japan! I am about to be so culture shocked and I have never been so excited. I am in Japan and I don’t have jet lag...how cool!  

PS. I just found out that it was the biggest storm since 2005, So crazy! They had to repaint parts of the ship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment